Story Dated: Monday, March 31, 2014 14:39 hrs IST
Narendra Modi's tall claims are debunkedby reports from various agencies
* Gujarat has maximum incidences of labour unrest including strikes and lockouts.
* Gujarat has one of the worst Public Distribution Systems and the highest rate of foodgrain diversion.
* Ankleshwar and Vapi in Gujarat top the list of severely polluted industrial areas in India.
* Critics say the Gujarat government reduced its power generation capacity over the years and thrust is on to buy more power at higher rate from private companies.
Health* Per capita health expenditure in Gujarat is among the lowest in the country.
* Gujarat has one of the lowest numbers of hospital beds available per one lakh population-143.
* Gujarat has high maternal and infant mortality rates.
* Almost every second child under five in Gujarat is undernourished and three out of four are anaemic.
Source: National health accounts of India and SRS 2012.
com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/ portal/ep/theWeekContent.do? contentId=16507575&programId= 1073755753&tabId=13&BV_ID=%40% 40%40&categoryId=-215701#. U0Lo-nJsJuk.gmail