[Five important aspects of the proposed amendment:
* The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition,
Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Amendment) Bill, 2015 seeks to Amend
the Act of 2013 (LARR Act, 2013) and thereby create five special
categories of land use: 1. defence, 2. rural infrastructure, 3
affordable housing, 4. industrial corridors, and 5. infrastructure
projects including Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects where the
central government owns the land.
* These five categories are exempted from the provisions of the LARR Act, 2013.
In this act, consent of 80 per cent of land owners are required for
private projects and 70 per cent of land owners' consent are required
for PPP projects.
* Social Impact Assessment to identify those affected will not be
required for these five categories.
Restrictions on the acquisition of irrigated multi-cropped land
imposed by LARR Act 2013 will also be held nullified.
* The Bill brings provisions for compensation, rehabilitation, and
resettlement under other related Acts such as the National Highways
Act and the Railways Act in consonance with the LARR Act.
* Acquisition of land by 'private companies' mentioned in LARR Act,
2013 will be changed to acquisition for 'private entities', which may
include companies, corporations and nonprofit organisations.