Thursday, August 15, 2013

ON INDEPENDENCE DAY: THREE QUESTIONS I ASK MYSELF???

AUGUST 15th 2013

As we enter yet another YEAR OF FREEDOM-

There are THREE QUESTIONS which I have been asking myself today:

1. Have I done enough to ensure JUSTICE FOR ALL;respected the LIBERTY of others: promoted  EQUALITY specially for the dalits,adivasis,minorities and women  and been in SOLIDARITY with ALL those who struggle for a more dignified life in our country?

2. Have I demonstrated sufficient courage to stand up and speak out again the fascist, divisive forces and those who are communal, corrupt,casteist and criminal?

3. What MORE OUGHT I TO DO - in my own small way- to make my COUNTRY MORE FREE- where TRUTH TRIUMPHS and Justice, Liberty , Equality and Fraternity is a reality for  poorest and most marginalized Indian??

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to ONE AND ALL!
May Truth, Justice, Liberty,Equality and  Fraternity be the lot of every single Indian!

Fr Cedric Prakash sj

--

PRASHANT  
-  A Centre for Human Rights, Justice and Peace
 
Hill Nagar, Near Kamdhenu Hall, Drive-in Road, Ahmedabad - 380052, Gujarat, India

Phone : +91  79   27455913,  66522333
Fax : +91  79  27489018
Email: sjprashant@gmail.com
www.humanrightsindia.in

No comments: